Sometimes you have to encourage yourself. Some times you have to speak victory during the test. No matter how you feel, speak the Word and you will be healed. Speak over yourself. Encourage yourself in the Lord. (lyrics by Donald Lawrence)

Friday, September 9, 2011

He's Always There

Awakened in the middle of the night I began to talk to the Lord.  I begin to tell Him everything that was going on in my life...the good, the bad, and the ugly.  As I poured out my spirit unto the Lord with tears running down my face, I felt a warm sensation over my body.  It was the feeling of someone wrapping His arms around me calming my anxiety.  I then heard a still, small voice that said, "My child I am here.  I will never leave you nor forsake you."  I lie awake for another hour or so basking in the serenity of the Saviour.  I remember this night like it was yesterday.  Just the other night at Bible study I was reminded in an overview of the 23rd Psalm that  The Lord who is my Shepherd is always there! And that my friend is something to shout about.

Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”  Hebrews 13:5 

This very same concept is also expressed in Deuteronomy 31:6, Joshua 1:5 and I Chronicles 28:20.  The message is still the same that God will not forsake His children.  The God I serve has proven Himself to be an 'On Time God'.  He won't leave you in the hands of your enemies or abandon you in the time of your distress.  He will not withhold any good thing from you and will supply your every need.  Knowing that God will never leave you nor forsake you should provide a confident assurance that sustains you during those difficult times that are sure to arise.  Friends and family members may leave you out there by yourself.  But I am a witness that God is a friend that sticks closer than any brother.  He knows what is going on in our lives any when you never say anything.  So why are you worrying?  Stress doesn't do anything but cause health issues.  It's about walking in confidence with God.  The best job, money in the bank, a clean bill of health can all change in the blink of an eye.  But knowing that you have God on your side and praising Him in the midst of your trial speaks volumes.  Satan isn't ready for that.  He wants you to be stressed, head hung down, worrying, depressed.  When you praise God in spite of what you are going through, you confuse the devil. Every time I find myself praising God while riding through the storm,  I like to picture Satan having flashbacks of that weekend thousands of years ago when he was sitting there gloating that he had killed Jesus. Seeing His disciples and followers sad and crying.  But what happened early Sunday morning changed his tune.  You see, those who walk in the confidence of God have the marks of contentment.  They are satisfied with what they have and they experience constant companionship with the Almighty God.  That's really all that matters. 

Most Gracious Heavenly Father,

Today I come to You thanking You for companionship.  I thank You because in my time of distress when I cried out to You, O Lord, you heard me.  Not only did You hear me but through Your Word and Your Holy Spirit You provided a peace that surpasses all understanding.  Thank You Lord.  When I am tempted to become discouraged, send me to Your Word and help me to remember that You have delivered me before and will deliver me again.  I will forever give You all the glory honor and the praise.  In Jesus Wonderful Name I pray Amen. 

1 comment: