Sometimes you have to encourage yourself. Some times you have to speak victory during the test. No matter how you feel, speak the Word and you will be healed. Speak over yourself. Encourage yourself in the Lord. (lyrics by Donald Lawrence)

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Through It All

'I thank God for the mountains.  I thank Him for the valleys. I thank God for the storms He brought me through.  If I never had a problem, I wouldn't know that God could solve them.  I wouldn't know what faith in His Word could do'. (Andre Crouch, Through It All)

The lyrics to this song serve to remind me that God is faithful.  Through every situation that I have ever encountered in my life, God has been right there.  I am also reminded that the same way I praise Him when things are good is the same way I praise Him when times are bad.  In fact I have found that I praise Him more knowing that whatever happens God is in control.  There is a comfort that I have in knowing that my hope is built on nothing less than Jesus' blood and righteousness.  My confidence is in Him.  It doesn't matter that the odds are stacked against me.  That someone may be more qualified or have more experience.  It doesn't matter that this is the third time I have tried to accomplish this task.  God's timing is perfect timing.  I would rather have what God has for me when He says it's time than something that is rushed and forced by my own hand.  I can't tell you how many times I have done things by forcing a square peg in a round hole.  It's what I wanted and nothing was going to stand in my way.  And let me tell you this, don't think that God won't give you some things only to bring you back to reality.  He allows some things to take place to make you more aware of your dependence on Him and only Him.  Not your degree.  Not your bank account.  Not in the hookup you think you have but only in Him. 

I know that you have been patiently waiting on the Lord.  Just remember that the race is not given to the swift.  Slow and steady wins the race.  Another translation...patient endurance to get your reward.  I have a few questions for you today.  'What are you believing God for?  Are you on the verge of giving up?  Today I want to encourage you not to give up.  The best prayer you can pray right now at this very moment is 'Your will be done'.  There is no one that has your best interest at heart like the Lord.  Remember what it says in Jeremiah 29:11, "For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans to prosper and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and  a future".  This verse speaks to the very heart of the Lord.  There is a blessed assurance the believer has in knowing that what the devil may have meant for bad, God has the power to turn it around for good.  This is not because of anything you have done but because of the mercy of God.  And this is the confidence you have when you approach our Heavenly Father in prayer, having no doubt in your mind that He hears you.  That is why there is no need to stress or worry.  Have faith in God even in the valley.  Be not dismayed whate'er betide, God will take care of you; beneath his wings of love abide, God will take care of you.

Most Gracious Heavenly Father,

I need help with my patient endurance. I have doubted You.  I have spent many nights lying awake worrying and I just don't want to do it anymore.  Even though I have read over and over again of the miracles you performed, there are times I have a hard time sing how my current situation is going to turn out for my good.  I know that Satan wants nothing more than to steal my joy. Yet Your love compels me to press on.  Holy Spirit, fill me and strengthen me and uphold me to endure to the end for apart for I know that apart from You I can do nothing. In Jesus' Wonderful Name I pray Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment