Sometimes you have to encourage yourself. Some times you have to speak victory during the test. No matter how you feel, speak the Word and you will be healed. Speak over yourself. Encourage yourself in the Lord. (lyrics by Donald Lawrence)

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Above Everything...

Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.  Matthew 6:22

Above all else, seek God.   Here I am thirty-seven years old and achieving things that I never thought I could.  I used to think that these goals could only be achieved by my neglecting my relationship with God.  School books above the Bible.  Homework above church activities. A career above my family.  Not so.  Only when I learned to put God first did I really start seeing things fall into place.  It's about prioritizing.  There are so many things that can distract us.  Things that take our attention away from growing our relationship with God.  But I have learned that it was only when I put God first that everything else fell into place. 

How do we seek God first above everything else that goes on in our lives?  We acknowledge Him as Lord and Savior and submit to His will and to His way.  We spend time with Him every day.  It is not enough to simply remember Him in passing or stop by one day a week.  I don't know about you but I have never had a successful relationship of any kind that I didn't make the decision to spend time with that person on a regular basis.  Don't look at it as what you will have to give up when you decide to make your relationship with God your number one priority, instead look at it as what you will gain.  It is through daily prayer  and meditating on the Word that you receive strength to deal with the day to day trials you will have to face.  God sent His Son that you might have life and have it more abundantly.  You must allow God to perform His work in You so that you will be ready not lacking anything.  If it is peace that you need, you will find it in Him.  If you are looking for true love, you will find it in Him. You must live your life daily in His presence putting on the whole armor of God that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.  Each and every day you rise a decision must be made.  How you choose to start your day makes a difference. Maybe you think it's that morning cup of coffee or that bagel that makes your day go right.  I challenge you to start your day with God and watch the difference He will make in your life.  One thing I know to be true...with God all things are possible. 
Most Gracious Heavenly Father,

As I try to make sense of my life help me to remember to keep You first.  It is only when I keep You first will everything else fall into place. There are many things that I want to achieve and I know that all these things are possible with You.  Thank you for loving me.  In Jesus' Wonderful Name I pray Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment