Sometimes you have to encourage yourself. Some times you have to speak victory during the test. No matter how you feel, speak the Word and you will be healed. Speak over yourself. Encourage yourself in the Lord. (lyrics by Donald Lawrence)

Monday, January 24, 2011

Water In Dry Places

Ever wonder why you are where you are at this very moment. Wonder why your circumstances are the way they are? Why it seems that things seem to have gone from bad to worse in sixty seconds flat?  Or maybe it seems that you are a stranger in your own life, traveling through uncharted territory, uncultivated land?  I have come to realize that I will never understand what direction I am headed in but one thing I do know is that as long as God is in the driver's seat I will be okay. This has not always been my way of thinking.  As a matter of fact I am that one person that feels the need to understand everything that is going on around me.  So you can imagine that I,  just like an untamed horse, had to be broken.  This process was a painful one.  During this period of my life, I had many repeated lessons.  For a person who has been a straight 'A' student all of my life, it didn't feel very good to get my first of many failing grades. 

I am not here to talk to you all my many lessons but I am here to tell you that as a child of God you can learn to live even in uncultivated land.  It will not be just a mere existence, but a time where God will bless you if you just hold on.  How do I know this?  Why, I read it in the Word of course. 

Psalm 107:35-38 says...
'He  turns a desert into pools of water, a parched land into springs of water.
And there he lets the hungry dwell, and they establish a city to live in;
The sow fields and plant vineyards and get a fruitful yield.
By his blessing they multiply greatly, and he does not let their livestock diminish'.

Human nature is such that when we are in unknown territory we retreat to the familiar.  This is even when the past was not pleasant.  Look at the children of Israel, delivered from slavery only to be brought to the desert and once there and things were not going  their way they began to wish they were back in Egypt.  Sound familiar?  How many times has God delivered you from one thing or another?  You can't wait to get to church to get your praise on.  And as soon as things start to go a little bit south, you begin to grumble and complain.  There is a song I grew up singing that says ' He did not bring you this far just to leave you'.  This is a promise  you can stand on today.  One thing I know if that you have to trust that God knows what is best for you.  And you must believe that even in the dryest places in your life God can do the impossible.  Only an all-wise and all-powerful God can turn a desert into pools of water, a parched land into springs of water. Are you shouting yet?  You should be!  This means that God doesn't merely water the place in your life that is dry but He is able to cause gushing fountains to break forth, and flow continually, causing beauty everywhere. Discouraged? Depressed?  Head hanging low?  Confused?  Distorted?  Are you in unknown territory?  Is your marriage dry?  Are your finances low?  Is your joy tank almost on empty because of  circumstances? What  a good thing to know that God is able to bring water to your dry areas.  Not only that but that relationship that seems to be dead, seemingly incapable of growth; that career that seems stagnant, allow God to give the increase.  You just keep sowing those seeds of kindness and love.  Continue to be a light that shines in dark places on your job and sit back and watch God work.  Watch your blessings multiply.  Sometimes it is necessary for us to bloom where we are planted.  Instead of always trying to jump ship when times get rough, try to stick it out.  Trust God.  Remember we are all on a journey of trust.  There are many lessons to be learned.  Y'all know my favorite saying...'It is not about us'. God is God all by Himself and He doesn't need our help.  He has all power in heaven and in earth and He can do whatever He chooses.  I am just grateful that part of His choice is to bless me.  He can and will do the same thing for you. Just have faith. 

Most Gracious Heavenly Father,

Today I thank You for Your wisdom.  I am grateful that I don't have to worry because You know what is best for me.  All I have to do is trust You.  I don't have to know everything that is going to happen in my life.  I just have to follow the path that You have charted for me.  I thank You because You don't leave me in the desert all along but You are right there beside me, sometimes carrying me through.  I praise You and I love You Lord.  I know that I could not have made it this far without Your grace and Your mercy.  Help me to continue to put all my trust in you..  My marriage, my finances, my career, my children, my health.  I know that in times past I have only given You some and not all and today I want to say that I am tired of carrying the load and I give it all to You.  Thank you for being my burden bearer, my personal guidance counselor, my leaning post, my strong tower.  I will forever give You all the glory, honor and the praise.  In Jesus' Wonderful Name I pray Amen. 

1 comment:

  1. Ramona:

    Water in dry places

    What a Word I needed to hear from the lord This morning.

    ReplyDelete