Sometimes you have to encourage yourself. Some times you have to speak victory during the test. No matter how you feel, speak the Word and you will be healed. Speak over yourself. Encourage yourself in the Lord. (lyrics by Donald Lawrence)

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Real Talk

Had a little talk with God all day today.  I decided that I was going to stop putting Him in a box.  Limiting my blessings by telling Him, "This is all I need You to do for me."  I decided to stop tying His hands by trying to maneuver my own blessings.  Like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.  I decided that I don't want anything that He has not especially designed for me.  I don't have to sit back and wish that I had what someone else has because I know that God has a blessing with my name on it.  I don't have to look at others enviously who have the external appearance of happiness because I have internal existence of joy.  I decided  that I must continue wholeheartedly in the Word.  It cannot be an afterthought.  I must begin and end my day with my Creator.  I cannot place Him on the shelf and take Him off when I need Him.  The Word must be 'a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path'...Psalm 119:105.  I must hide it in my heart so that I don't sin against God.  He truly is the source of my strength and the strength of my life.  It is the Word that has kept me going when all around me seems crazy.  I decided that no matter what trials I may face I am going to continue to praise my God. You see, I know that the devil has already been defeated.  My simple battles are nothing because my God has already won the war.  I decided that it is okay to cry.  Matter of fact today while driving home I had a good cry.  I can cry because I know that 'God shall wipe away every tear from my eyes'...Revelations 21:4.  I decided to PUSH (pray until something happens) my way through the things that are going on in my life right now at this very moment.  I know that I am still growing and maturing in God.  I have learned that there is absolutely nothing wrong with a few growing pains. I can be confident of this very thing that 'He who began this good work in me will perform it until the day of its completion'...Philippians 1:6. 

Every now and then you have to have a little talk with Jesus.  Tell Him everything.  If you are at your wit's end and on the verge of giving up, tell Him.  If you need a 'Right Now' miracle, tell Him.  If you are scared about what the future holds, tell Him. If at this very moment you feel overwhelmed with the responsibility you have been given, tell Him.  It is not necessary for you to go to God with eloquent speeches and memorized words,  God wants REAL TALK.  I remember a few years back when things were going less than great in my life, instead of praying about the situation, I was too busy picking up the phone to call my girlfriends.  Now the first call I make is to my Heavenly Father.  Let me share something with you.  The best thing that I could have ever done was develop a love for the Word of God.  There is a Word in the Bible for every occasion.  I developed my love for reading at a young age.  In fact, I have passed down this love to my oldest daughter.  Of all the books I have read, there is no greater read than The Holy Bible.  There are days like today when I was in need of some encouragement and I turned to Psalm 119.  I begin reading at verse 105 and read it until the end.  I was reminded that the words held within are 'perfect and completely trustworthy'...Psalm 119:138. I was reminded that 'as pressure and stress bear down on me, I find joy in your commands'...(verse 143).  Then I turned over to Isaiah 55:11 and was reminded that 'God's Word will never return void.  It always accomplishes His purpose'. 

I don't know what is going on in your life right now but I do know that the God that I serve has the situation under control .  Let's not limit His power.  Let's praise Him through our storms.  Take time and read His Word.  Above all else, trust Him.  Over four hundred years of slavery in Egypt, God delivered.  Seventy years of captivity in Babylon, God delivered.  All those years of suffering and sin and still God delivered.  He sent His only begotten Son to the world, to be subjected to the same pain and suffering that you and I would face.  He went to Calvary, hung on an old, rugged cross.  He died and laid in a borrowed tomb all night Friday night, all day Saturday and all night Saturday.  But early Sunday morning, He got up.  When He got up, He had all power in His hand.  So today I am telling you to GET UP!  You are not defeated.  In fact, you are more than a conqueror through Jesus Christ our Lord!

Most Gracious Heavenly Father,

To the one true God.  I exalt You.  I  praise Your name.  I thank You for your steadfast love that endures forever.  I thank you for Your Word that You have left me for guidance.  I confess my sins, my disobedience to Your statutes.  Today I stand on the Word of God.  I love You with my whole heart.  Thank You for saving me.  In Jesus' Wonderful Name I pray Amen. 

1 comment: