Sometimes you have to encourage yourself. Some times you have to speak victory during the test. No matter how you feel, speak the Word and you will be healed. Speak over yourself. Encourage yourself in the Lord. (lyrics by Donald Lawrence)

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Time is built with swift transitions.  Naught of earth unmoved can stand.  Build your hope on things eternal.  Hold to God's unchanging hand. 

Trust in Him who will not leave you.  Whatsoever years may bring.  If by earthly friends forsaken.  Still more closely to him cling. 

Covet not this world's vain riches, that so rapidly decay, seek to gain the heav'nly treasures, they will never pass away.

When your journey is completed.  If to God you have been true.  Fair and bright your home in glory.  Your enraptured soul will view. 

Here today. Gone tomorrow.  All those things we work so hard to hold on to can be here one minute and gone the next.  One moment you are flying high on cloud nine and everything is right in your world and then the next you feel like you can't hold on another day.  You leave work at five o'clock feeling accomplished only to receive a pink slip the next morning.  Swift transition.  Mind you, this is the same job that has taken you away from your family.  And what about that family...because of your time spent at the office, your children barely know you and your husband/wife has invented a life separate from yours completely.  Last week you were running around the lake every morning for exercise.  Just last night you were involved in a car accident and don't know whether or not you are going to be able to walk again.  Swift transition. All you have ever heard is invest, invest, invest.  So you did. You invested thousands of dollars into a 401k but when the market takes a turn you are left penniless. There goes your daughter's college fund.  Swift transition. Of course I could go on and on but I hope my point is made.  Finally, after thirty-six years of living, I get it.  Some things just don't matter.  And when I place my focus on the One who does matter, everything seems to fall in place. 

Simply put, I know where my help comes from.  It comes from the Lord.  (Psalm 121)  If I have a job it is because the Lord blessed me with that job.  If I lose that job I know that He has something else in store for my life.  'The Lord is my keeper; the Lord is my shade on my right hand'. (verse 5)  Whatever I need He is in the position to provide it for me.  He sits high and He looks low.  That is why I continue to trust Him.  He provides me with direction.  When I start to move in the wrong direction, He steers me back on course.  Sometimes this comes in the form of a sermon or a daily devotional I just so happen to read.  Other times it comes in the form of a major storm.  Whatever He chooses to use I have chosen to accept it and learn from it.  Every now and then I start to slack off on my prayer life.  No sooner than that happens, here comes a storm that keeps me on my knees.  He teaches me the importance of communion with Him. When I commune with Him I realize that I don't have to worry.  My stress level decreases and my praise increases.  For my hope is built on nothing less than Jesus blood and righteousness.  On Christ the solid rock I stand. 

Your  life may be filled with many swift transitions.  Jobs. Friends.  Family.  Finances.  I stopped by to remind you to keep holding to God's unchanging hand.  In the midst of life's ups and downs, God is the one constant.  His promises have been tested and never proven wrong.  He has your back.  I know things may not be going the way that you want them to right now.  You may see others around you whose life seems to be so much better.  Covet not.  You see, when you see God blessing someone else you can shout right now.  That should serve as a reminder that He is still in the blessing business. 

Most Gracious Heavenly Father,

The one, true God.  I lift up mine eyes to the hills.  I know where my help comes from.  I come before you now just to give You praise.  Thank You for keeping me.  Thank You for being a hedge all around me.  Thank you for blessing my going out and my coming in.  Thank You for sustaining me when my entire world was changing all around me.  Thank you for being my Provider.  Thank You for being my hiding place.  Many nights I have found safety in Your arms.  Lord, I give myself to You so You can use me.  Whatever I may have to go through, I am ready.  I know that there is a purpose behind the pain.  And I will forever praise Your Holy name.  In Jesus' Wonderful Name I pray Amen. 

3 comments:

  1. Ramona:

    I love it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always I can count on the Holy Spirit using you to bless me in a way that I need right this minute.

    This morning has been a whirlwind, but thanks be to God, this has been that small voice that I needed to hear.

    Keep letting him use you, Ramona!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michele,

    That is what it is all about! I am but a vessel, trying to be obedient to the Lord! Hang in there and keep trusting God. He will make a way!

    ReplyDelete