Sometimes you have to encourage yourself. Some times you have to speak victory during the test. No matter how you feel, speak the Word and you will be healed. Speak over yourself. Encourage yourself in the Lord. (lyrics by Donald Lawrence)

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Are You Ashamed of Me?

Today I was referred to as 'that girl who is always talking about church stuff'.   When I heard this I started laughing because the person who said it made it sound as though it was a bad thing.  Now for people who really know me it is no secret that my conversations don't consist of just 'church stuff'.  However when I feel led by the Spirit to say something I have been instructed to 'quench not the Spirit'.  It made me think of what Paul wrote in Romans.

'For I am not ashamed of the gospel for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone that believeth, to the Jew first and also to the Gentile---Romans 1:16

Why should I be ashamed to talk about my Savior because it makes you uncomfortable? Nobody knows like I know what God has done for me.  It is in Him that I live and move and have my being.  Without Him I would be nothing, like a ship without a sail.  No direction, no guidance, no life.  Total darkness.  I have heard people say on many occasions that it doesn't take all that.  I believe that alot of that has to do with the number of Christians who profess to be saved but their life is a total contradiction.  I also believe that it comes from those who are weaker in their faith and actually desire to have a deeper relationship with God.  I talk about God all the time because I don't know anything else. It is that very power that saved me.  The same power that delivered me from eternal separation and eternal punishment.  What else would you rather I talk about?  Celebrities in the news who don't effect my life one way or the other.  What about my Pastor and his familly who I should be lifting up to the Father daily?  Maybe the sister who just lost her job to this economy or her husband to infidelity?  Maybe the young girl who is sitting in front of you in church who is not appropriately dressed because she has never been taught the proper way to dress in church ?  And  if this is what you would prefer that I talk about, what part of these conversations show the love of Christ? 

As a Christian we are to separate ourselves from the things of the world.  We are not to be conformed to the habits, manner or style of living of this world.  We are to be different, set apart.   We are to present our bodies a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable unto God which is your reasonable service.   Have you ever stopped to think about how many man-made rules and laws are in place to try and stop God's message from going forth?  They took prayer out of the school.  They want every reference of Christ to be taken out of Christmas in federal buildings.  They don't want you to talk about it at work.  And depending on what church you go to it might not be talked about at church.  So who can God use but you to get His message forth?  The question of the day is will you speak boldly or be silent.  Every Word of God is true and the scripture says 'if you confess me before men I will confess you before my Father who is in heaven. But if you deny me before men I will deny before my Father who is in heaven'.

Most Gracious Heavenly Father,

I thank You Father for Your saving grace.  The power that You have given me to overcome my sinful nature.  I confess that there have been times that I have held my tongue and not stood for what is right. But from this day forward as long as I have breath I am going to proclaim Jesus to all I come in contact with by word and by deed.  Help me to speak with boldness and not be ashamed of You before anyone for You are the source of my strength and the strength of my life.  All praise, honor and glory to You.  In Jesus' Name I pray Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment