Sometimes you have to encourage yourself. Some times you have to speak victory during the test. No matter how you feel, speak the Word and you will be healed. Speak over yourself. Encourage yourself in the Lord. (lyrics by Donald Lawrence)

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Self-Evident

We hold these truths to be self-evident...

I borrowed these words today from the Declaration of Independence which goes on to say that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.  I thought about these words as I sat and reflected on the goodness of God.  And as I begin to think about these things I couldn't help but begin to worship God.  You see, there comes a time in your life when you stop praising God just for what He has done for you. You mature spiritually to the point that you praise Him simply for who He is. 

So what things do you know to be true?  Are there things, spiritual truths, that you hold to be self-evident; meaning that they need no proof or explanation?   Have you had that experience in your life that when someone asked you how did that happen and your response was "Nobody but God.....enough said."  That experience where you are sitting on your couch or driving along in your car and you think for one second about who God is and you can't help but start to praise His name.  In fact, right now just say to yourself  "God is..."  (and fill in the blank with whoever God is to you) One of you reading this might say that God is a healer.  Another one of ypu might say that God is a provider.  Someone else might say that God is water in dry places.  That sister that just lost a loved one might know Him as a Comforter.  That brother who lost his job might know Him to be a Sustainer.  God is whatever it is that you need Him  to be.  And that is a truth that is self-evident. 

Exodus 3:14 says it best when Moses asked "Who shall I say has sent me?" and God replied unto Moses, "I AM THAT I AM."  Simply meaning, “I AM what I want to be, when I want to be it, in whatever revelation I choose. … I will do whatever I choose in what ever form I desire!” And all for your good and His glory.  It signifies that He is self-existent; that He is eternal and unchageable, always the same, yesterday, today and forever; that He is incomprehensible, there is no searching or understanding of His power; and finally that He is faithful and true to all His promises, unchangeable in His word as well as His nature.  And that is what this journey of trust is all about.  When times are hard and it seems that you have no where to turn, no way out, a bad doctor's report in one hand and a pink slip in the otehr hand, in the midst of all this you are still smiling.  The devil doesn't rob you of your joy.  Why? Because this joy that you have the world didn't give you and even though they may try there best to knock ypu down, you are not counted out because you serve a risen Savior.  There may be moments in your life where you feel discouraged, upset or even angry about your situation but don't stay there.  Stand on those truths that you know to be true.  Trust God who never changes.  He is able to be everything that you need Him to be. 

Most Gracious Heavenly Father,

Thank You for being 'I am'.  Thatnk You that no matter what situation I may be facing in this life, You ar there to be whatever I need. In Jesus' Most Precious Name I pray Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment