Sometimes you have to encourage yourself. Some times you have to speak victory during the test. No matter how you feel, speak the Word and you will be healed. Speak over yourself. Encourage yourself in the Lord. (lyrics by Donald Lawrence)

Monday, October 24, 2011

It Is Possible

There is a simple sentence that has been stuck in my head all day today, "My God has no limitations!"  It is as simple as that.  Whatever the situation, no matter what roadblocks others may have built, no matter what circumstances you may have created yourself through disobedience, God can turn the situation around.  I know that what you see right now may be a mountain that is too high to climb.  But my question to you is "Where is your faith?"  I swear sometimes I am my own worst enemy, tying the hands of God because of my own impatience and unbelief.  Have you been there?  Sometimes all we need to do is believe.

I am reminded of the story of Jesus and His disciples on the boat when the storm arose.  What did they do?  They panicked.  They knew that Jesus was on the boat with them but at that moment when the waves were breaking into the boat and filling it with water, Jesus seemed far away.  And besides it was His suggestion that they go to the other side.  Didn't He know the storm was coming?  I believe He did.  I also believe that this was a test of their faith.  Apparently the disciples did not yet realize the power of being in the presence of the Lord.  And while you and I may not have His physical presence you do have Him living on the inside of You.  You also have the promise that 'I will never leave you nor forsake you'. Having God in your corner is better than an entire army on your side.  No matter how dark the night, how strong the storm, or how high the mountain, take comfort in knowing that God is with you.  Believe that whatever change that you need to happen, pray about it and believe.  Your faith should be consistent.  Others may count you out but take comfort in knowing that God has your back.  In the end He will be glorified.  Why is it that  You can trust God with your health but take your finances in your own hand by not trusting Him with your tithe?   Or maybe finances are not the issue but maybe your marriage has hit a rough patch and you've already given up instead of praying and asking God for restoration.  Maybe that's not your story maybe you can't sleep at night because you are afraid of what might happen, you are not believing God for protection.   How often, like me,  do you put natural limitations on a supernatural God? Doesn't the Bible say, "My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts," says the LORD. "And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. (Isaiah 55:8)  All too often I place God in my comfortable box, not believing that He can do the extraordinary.  Instead I believe that He will do what is safe and my prayers mimic these thoughts.  I make decisions based on what I can see with my natural eye.  I give up too soon, when God is just getting started.  I forget that there is always a purpose behind the pain. That for every trial God has a reason and I just need to hold on.  There is no situation that God cannot work out.  One thing you can rest assure is that God is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that you could ever ask or think , but you must have faith. 

What have you written off as impossible?  Have you decided to accept the doctor's report?  Have you made up in your mind that your spouse will never change?  Have you decided that you will forever be stuck in this horrible job?  That you will never get ahead financially?  Whatever it is, my challenge to you today is to pray about it and then believe.  Believe that IT IS POSSIBLE.  After all the God I serve specializes in the impossible. 

Most Gracious Heavenly Father,

Thank You for Your Word that comes to me in the midst of all my doubts and fears.  I am reminded that You know me better than I know myself.  You know what I am made of and what I am able to endure.  I keep reminding myself that this is a process, a journey of trust where you are shaping and molding me into the person You need me to be so that You will be glorified.  I may not understand it all the time but it's not about me.  Lord increase my faith.  Help me to be strong and find safety and stability in Your presence.  I'm giving it all to You Lord knowing that in the end it will all work out for my good.  In Jesus' precious name I pray Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment