Sometimes you have to encourage yourself. Some times you have to speak victory during the test. No matter how you feel, speak the Word and you will be healed. Speak over yourself. Encourage yourself in the Lord. (lyrics by Donald Lawrence)

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Revived and Renewed

Yet, the strength of those who wait with hope in the LORD will be renewed. They will soar on wings like eagles. They will run and won't become weary. They will walk and won't grow tired. Isaiah 40:31 (God's Word Translation)

I had an interesting discussion with a classmate of mind on faith.  As I was listening to her describe what 'having faith' means to her, it became obvious to me that faith for her was telling God her request and waiting for Him to make it happen.  There was no regard for 'the will of God'.  It was all about 'the want of my classmate'.  Of course I did not totally agree with her.  I asked her one simply question.  "What happens when you tell God what you want and He doesn't do it?  Or better yet, He does something totally opposite of what you asked?  I went on to talk about what happens when He takes His time?  Do you then lose hope?  Turn your back on God?

There is a very specific hope that a Christian should possess.  This hope is an 'expecting' hope.  No matter what the situation you believe that God is going to work it out.  Go ahead and make your request.  Just no that ultimately you want God's will to be done.  There may be some detours in your life.  There may be some dry places along your path.  Those things don't matter.  Because you have placed your security, not in man but in God, you can rest peacefully knowing that the situation will work out for your good.  The past two weeks have been rough for me.  I have been overwhelmed with life.  I know that I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength. (Phil. 4:13)  I know that these are light and momentary afflictions. (II Cor. 4:16-18)  The biggest disappointment I had was that some of my obligations have been keeping me from writing, which is where I get my joy from.  Writing for me is my sanctuary.  I have still been able to give my time to God but there are just not enough hours in the day to get everything done that I need to get done.  Sometimes I just want to throw my hands up in the air and give up.  But I can't.  So at this point what do I do? 

I look to the hills from whence cometh my help.  Where does my help come from?  Not the White House.  It comes from the Lord!  I will hope in the Lord.  It is not an option.  It is my only alternative.  It is the advantage I have over those who do not believe.  (Side Note:  You do know that you have an advantage.  It may appear that they are prospering.  That their lives are void of the problems you face on a regular basis.  Let me tell you that they are not.)  It still amazes me how the word can bring life to my dead circumstances. How hope in the Lord  brings about change.  I am revived!  Renewed!  My spirit which was down is now revived.  Once again I am strengthened to run on a little while longer to see what the end will be.  Instead of me looking at my bucket as half-empty, I now see it as half-full.  I could not have done this on my own.  But when I think about the goodness of Jesus....and all He has done for me...I can't help but trust Him.  Life can take its toll on you.  I am a giver.  I love to encourage others.  The sad part about this is that I cannot always depend on others to encourage me.  But I always receive encouragement from the Word.  When I spend time talking with my Heavenly Father, He gives me what I need to make it.  My attitude may have been bad.  I may have been feeling sorry for myself.  No more.  There is nobody but God who can bring about an attitude adjustment. 

Most Gracious Heavenly Father,

Thank you for your Word and the privilege of prayer.  When life takes a turn and my spirit takes a nose dive, I am grateful that I have you as the source of my strength.  Things just don't always work out as I plan.  I may have to spend a little bit more time in a situation than I would like.  But Lord I thank you for the valleys and the mountaintops.  I thank you for those experiences that have grown me up.  I trust you Lord. Have your way in my life.  I submit to your will.  And I will forever give you all the glory, honor, and the praise.  In Jesus' Wonderful Name I pray Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment