Sometimes you have to encourage yourself. Some times you have to speak victory during the test. No matter how you feel, speak the Word and you will be healed. Speak over yourself. Encourage yourself in the Lord. (lyrics by Donald Lawrence)

Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Blood

Indeed, under the law almost everything is purified with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins. Hebrews 9:22


There have been many times in life that I just want to run and hide. I recall a time in my life when I was dissatisfied with where I was in my life.  I had made  a mistake and not only did I make it once, I made this same mistake three times.  I remember secluding myself from others.  I was so weak.  All the physical strength that I had come to rely on disappeared.  It was the first time as an adult that I realized that I couldn't do it on my own.  I needed someone bigger than me to replace my weakness with his strength.  I needed the blood to come in and wash me white as snow.  I needed it to remove that guilty stain.  I needed the blood. 

Many of us sing about the wonder-working power of the blood, however few of us know what it truly means and the power it has.  It is the blood of Jesus that clears our conscious from sin and its influence it has on us.  No longer are we in bondage to sin.  It is the very foundation of redemption.  It is the only acceptable payment for our sins.  There is nothing we can do on our own.  That is why we must tap into it's power.  God has provided everything we need to live a life serving Him.  Our problem arises when we place our priorities above the ultimate goal every believer - to glorify God.  Our lives are supposed to be used to uplift the kingdom of God. It is easy to play the role of the victim when we fall into sin.  I stopped by here to tell you that in order to be victorious through the power of the blood you must be a fighter.  The period of disappointment in my life  was not the time for me to lay down.  Instead it was the time for me to remember that 'we wrestle not against flesh and blood but against principalities'. (Eph. 6:12) I had to remember that 'the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty for the pulling down of strongholds'.  (II Corinthians 10:4 So let us not underestimate the power of the blood.  There must be a continual embracing of his blood.  We do not offer our own works, but the power of that blood. When God sees the Blood of His Son, which we offer as our covering, pardon and plea, God does not see our sin at all; He can only see the covering -the Blood. It is the blood that cries out to God, "Our sin is covered. The penalty is paid!"  So don't run and hide when you mess up.  Take your sin to God and ask for forgiveness.  God sees your mistake through loving eyes.  You don't have to feel unworthy to work for Him. Continue on in service and let people around you see God's love in action. 

Most Gracious Heavenly Father,

I come to You today, confessing that I have sinned.  I have messed up.  I ask for your forgiveness.  I thank You for sending Your Son Jesus to die on the cross for my sins.  Cleanse my body, soul and spirit .  Help me to remember that throughout my day, especially when I attempt to look down on others for their mistakes.  Let me always remember that I am just a sinner saved by grace.  In Jesus' Wonderful Name I pray Amen.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment