Sometimes you have to encourage yourself. Some times you have to speak victory during the test. No matter how you feel, speak the Word and you will be healed. Speak over yourself. Encourage yourself in the Lord. (lyrics by Donald Lawrence)

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

He's Done Enough

Because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved. For the Scripture says, “Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame.” For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, bestowing his riches on all who call on him. For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” Romans 10:9-13

I have the most interesting conversations with my daddy today.  I must admit that I am a lot like my dad.  One thing that we share is our love of God.  There is not a time that we speak to each other that we are not sharing something about our private time with the Lord.  We were talking about the Sunday School lesson from this week entitled "Remembering Jesus".  He made the comment that in order to remember Jesus you must know something about him. I totally agree.  How do you get to know about Jesus?  You spend time with Him.  I went on to talk about how when we get to know who Jesus is we realize that He is so much more that an 'escape clause' or a 'quick fix' to our everyday problems.  I had to admit while talking to Him that there are times I forget that there are times that I look to Him only as a problem-solver instead of realizing that He is so much more. 

There is a song we sing at my church that says, "God is great and greatly to be praised.  If He doesn't do anything else, He's already done more than enough".  After talking to my dad and reflecting on our conversation these words came to mind.  You see, when I am remembering Jesus the first thought that comes to mind is the sacrifice He made on Calvary.  That the greatest thing He has ever done for me was to save me.  He doesn't have to do anything else for me.  All of the blessings He has bestowed on my life are simply icing on the cake.  It also made me realize how much I undervalue my salvation.  I have had some great moments in my life.  Marrying my husband. Giving birth to my children.  But none of these things can compare to the day, twenty-five years ago, when I accepted Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and Savior.  Now I can stand on every promise written in His Word.  I can 'Count it all joy whenever I face trials of any kind, because the testing of my faith produces perseverance'. (James 1:2-3)  I know that 'Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil for thou art with me'. Psalm 23:4  And there are so many others. 

If you haven't stopped to thank God today because you feel that He hasn't done anything special for you, now is a good time to say "Thank You".  He saved you! He looked beyond your fault to see your need.  That is why you should glorify God in everything you do.  In the way you walk, talk, and LIVE!  God didn't have to do what He did, but I am so glad He did. 

Most Gracious Heavenly Father,

Thank You for the gift of salvation.  Thank You for sending your darling Son, Jesus, to die on the cross for my sins.  I know that I was unworthy but You did it anyway.  That is why I give myself away so You can use me.  My life is no longer my own.  I belong to You.  Help me put the needs of others above my own so that You can be glorified.  In Jesus' Wonderful Name I pray Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment