Sometimes you have to encourage yourself. Some times you have to speak victory during the test. No matter how you feel, speak the Word and you will be healed. Speak over yourself. Encourage yourself in the Lord. (lyrics by Donald Lawrence)

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Life's Lesson

"Be still and know that I am God". Psalm 46:10

Once again God has shown me that He does not need my help.  There I was pulling out my best moves trying to get things to go my way and all the while I just needed to trust God.  Ever been there?  When are we finally going to get it that our ability is limited, so why not turn things over to a limitless God.  I can try all day to fight my own battles but it is not until I turn them over to God is He able to do 'exceedingly and abundantly above all I could ever ask of think'.  What do I mean?  Who reading this has not experienced people problems?  This could be your husband, your wife, your boss, your parent, your grandparent, a friend.  You try and try to change this person.  After all, you know the right way things should be done.  So you go back and forth trying different techniques to no avail.  It is not until you pray about the situation and for that individual do things start to change.  It may appear at times that things are better but then after a while things go back to the same madness.  Why is this?  Because only God can bring about a heart change,  a permanent change. 

So what do you do?  Human nature has taught us that we must always be busy.  That if something is wrong we need to do something about it.  Maybe that thing we need to do is absolutely nothing.  Finances not right so we go and take out loans or we get second jobs that take us away from our family.  If you are having a marital conflict we seek solutions in a friend or another man or woman.  Craziness on the job occurs and what do we do, we try to control the situation.  We start looking for another job or we become just as much a part of the craziness.  We forget that when we allow God to be in control that He will either give us what we need to sustain us through the turmoil or He will remove the problem person out of our path.  I have seen Him do much but it was not until I learned to "Be still".  Have you ever stopped and marveled at the names of God.  Jehovah Jirah, my Provider.  Jehovah Nissi, my Banner, Jehovah Shaloam, my Peace, Jehovah Rapha - my Healer.  And this is just a few of His names. Why am I telling you this?  Because the next time you feel the urge to step in with your limitless power to handle a situation beyond your control, DON"T.  Let God be God!  Allow Him to handle the situation for you.  I guarantee if you do you won't regret it.  You will be able to 'Stand still and see the salvation of the Lord'.  When Satan tries to attack your mind you will be able to fight back with the Word of God just the way Jesus did Himself when He was tempted by the devil.  Never forget there is a war going on and it is not against flesh and blood.  Ever heard the saying, 'don't bring a knife to a gun fight'.  Go ahead and try to fight Satan with human power.  You will be defeated everytime.  Put on the whole armor and give it to God and you will be victorious.

Most Gracious Heavenly Father,

Thank you Lord because You provide everything I need.  And thank You Father because it is not just about the tangible needs but the intangible needs, peace of mind and joy.  Help me to avoid the natural tendency I have to control and try to fix things.  Let me bring all my problems to you knowing that You can and will work them out.  In Jesus' Wonderful Name I pray Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment