Sometimes you have to encourage yourself. Some times you have to speak victory during the test. No matter how you feel, speak the Word and you will be healed. Speak over yourself. Encourage yourself in the Lord. (lyrics by Donald Lawrence)

Monday, August 22, 2011

Just A Glimpse

Then Moses said, "I pray You, show me Your glory!" Exodus 33:18



Driving home from church today I happened to glance up into the sky.  The morning started with the sky kind of overcast but coming home as I looked into the sky I saw just a glimpse of sunlight.  As I sat at the light the Lord spoke to my spirit and said "Daughter I know that things in your world seem to be ever changing but always remember that all you need during those dreary, overcast days is a 'glimpse of my glory'.  Just a reminder of who I am and what I have done in your life.  A reminder that I have all power and that I am everything that you need in all situations.  Those next few moments in my drive home were awesome, simply basking in the presence of the Lord. 

Have you ever had an experience like that one?  I know how easy it can be to get so wrapped up in the situation that we miss that small ray of light that shows us just who our Father truly is. Isn't it just amazing how just a glimpse of the glory of God can change your life. I can recall many times when by human standards my situation seemed impossible but my Heavenly Father said "No, I have the final say. This is not the way I want the story to end."  There were many times when I had been told by God to stand my ground. Don't give in.  Be still.  Hold my peace.  Each and every one of these times I felt as though I was in the minority.  It would have been much easier to move in a different direction.  But my faith wouldn't let me.  I wanted to be the person of faith I professed to be, trusting God in every situation.  Each and every time when I was on the verge of giving up and giving in I can remember praying this prayer, "Lord show me your glory."  And even in those times when I was too weak to call on the name of the Lord, He still remained faithful.  He never left me out on a limb by myself.  I know at times it may seem like you are out there all alone.  Trusting God in the midst of an impossible situation.  I just want to encourage you to remember one thing, "With God all things are possible."  Just believe.  When the deepest desire in us, is not what God can give us, or His granting a favor, but God Himself, we cross over from self-focus to God focus.  And I am learning that is what it is really about.  Lord I just want to be used by you.  Every life experience I have had has drawn me closer to God and I am grateful.  It is not about me.  So even during those times when I can't see past my situation, I know that I can go to the Rock.  It is in God that I have a firm foundation.  It is in God that I find safety and rest knowing that everything is going to be alright.  Whatever you may be going through right now in your life, I dare you to take your eyes off the situation and focus your attention on God.  I promise you that it will be a life-changing experience.

Most gracious heavenly Father,

Right now I am surrounded by uncertainty.  I don't like it when my world is in such a state of flux.  Lord I need You to be my Solid Rock, that place I can go to when I need reassurance and hope.  I realize that You have a purpose and a plan for my life and that You will not lead me to a place where You are not with me.  Help me to lean and depend on You during these times.  I'm asking You to show me Your glory.  I need to see Your hand in the midst of my situation.  Just a glimpse, O heavenly Father.  I know that with just a glimpse everything will be alright.  In Jesus' Wonderful Name I pray Amen.