Sometimes you have to encourage yourself. Some times you have to speak victory during the test. No matter how you feel, speak the Word and you will be healed. Speak over yourself. Encourage yourself in the Lord. (lyrics by Donald Lawrence)

Thursday, August 11, 2011

God's Replenishment Plan

Have you ever felt drained?  I mean felt like you have given everything you have inside you to everyone around you wondering now who is going to be there for you.  Who is going to provide that shoulder for you to cry on, that listening ear?  Who is going to be that person who provides you with a place to refill your bucket.  I recall discussing a theory called the Dipper and the Bucket Theory in my Human Relations in Training and Development Course last semester.  The quick version of the theory is as follows:  We all have an invisible bucket.  It is constantly emptied or filled based on  the people within our inner circle.  We also have an invisible dipper.  We use this to fill or empty out the buckets of those same people who are in our inner circle.  The problem with this theory is that it never balances out.  In the real world alot of us give out more than we receive and we fill empty.  So much so that every now and then we decide that we are not going to give anymore.  We are tired  of  people taking advantage of us.  Just the other day I was feeling that way.  Tired of the people who are selfish and so self-centered, never really taking the time to really ask how I am doing.  Take, take, take.  What person wouldn't get tired of that?

But let's look at this from a different perspective.  How many of you believe that you have a God-given talent?  And what if that gift is the gift of encouragement?  So do you stifle that gift or bury it as the one did with the talents never to use it because of you getting tired of  people taking advantage of you. I must say that the power of God to reveal a different part of Himself just when you need it is awesome.  As I sat at my desk frustrated at people's inability to care about what is going on in my life I read the following:

Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.  And God will generously provide all you need. Then you will always have everything you need and plenty left over to share with others.  He who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will supply and multiply your seed for sowing and increase the harvest of your righteousness. (II Corinthians 9: 7-8, 10)




And then I read:
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble we the comfort we ourselves have received from God.  (II Corinthians1:3-4)

Thank you Lord for Your Word!  I couldn't have asked for a more timely word.  It was through the word that I was reminded that this life I live is not about me.  It's about God using someone like me and you so that He can get the glory. It may feel like at times that you have given everything you have to someone else. But when you realize that it was God that deposited your gift in you then you can give freely to others.  Not only that but you can have blessed assurance knowing that whatever you give and give freely and generously, God is there to replenish your supply.  That plan is better than any return on your investment I have ever seen.  It's alright to give, even to the point that you are close to being on empty, knowing that God's promises are 'Yes and Amen'.  Hold fast to that promise and when you feel that you want to give up, fix your eyes on Jesus.  Let Him be that shoulder, that ear, that friend in the midnight hour.  He is there to be all you need and more. 

Most Gracious Heavenly Father,

I come to you on this day thanking You for being a God of comfort.  The only God who sees my need even before I am aware and has already provided the provision.  I thank You for Your faithfulness.  Even in those times when I become more wrapped up in the situation than in serving You, you still remain faithful.  Thank You for your replenishment process.  I can rest assured knowing that what You have deposited in me, You will continue to supply.  I just can't say thank you enough for all You continue to do for me.  In Jesus' Wonderful Name I pray Amen. 

1 comment:

  1. Ramona, have you been peeking in my journal? July 18, I wrote, "I'm looked to for leadership and guidance, but where can I turn to for the same? Well, I know where, but when it comes to people, who is encouraging me?"

    I know in my heart of hearts, that God is there to always keep my head above water. I must stay focused on Him because He is the only one who will not let me down.

    A friend had on his FB status a while ago Failure = Fail + U + (re); (re) means again, so it now reads Fail + U + again. This is what people will do, but thankful that we serve a God who NEVER fails!

    I will keep trusting in Him and letting Him fill me up when I am running low. Thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete