Sometimes you have to encourage yourself. Some times you have to speak victory during the test. No matter how you feel, speak the Word and you will be healed. Speak over yourself. Encourage yourself in the Lord. (lyrics by Donald Lawrence)

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

My God...My Everything

I just have to take a moment today to praise my God!  I truly don't know where I would be without the Lord.  I can't count how many times over the past few weeks alone that He has provided rest in times of stress.  (Matthew 11:28)  He has comforted me in times where I have felt completely alone.  He has provided guidance when I was seeking direction.  (Isaiah 58:11) When I was weak, He gave me strength.  (Isaiah 40:29-31) He has been my rock when everything else around me was unstable.  (Psalm 18:2) He has granted me grace and mercy when I have fallen by the wayside.  Just last week He provided protection when sirens where going on all around me and destruction was in the air.  God was the only one who had the power to say "Peace be still".  This is why I trust Him.  My God is faithful!

I remember a time when I used to struggle with whether or not God was going to be there for me in my distress.  I wasn't sure that the promises I had read and memorized over the years applied to me.  There were many reasons for my doubt. One of the main reasons for this doubt was my failure to live a life that was pleasing unto the Lord.  There were some areas of my life that I continued to fail in over and over again.  I hadn't quite grasped the concept of grace.  I put God on my level.  I figured He would treat me the same way I treated those who mistreated me...especially repeat offenders.  I might extend forgiveness or 'grace' to someone who does something to me once, but over and over again...I think not.   The day that I realized that God's faithfulness was not dependent upon my behavior was a life-changing moment for me.  It was the day when I realized that I wouldn't be the woman I am today without the Lord.  It was the day I realized that I was not in control of my life.  If I was going to be a good wife, mother, daughter, sister, and friend, I was going to have to lean on the everlasting arms of Jesus.  I could no long trust what I thought was the right thing to do.  I needed to consult God for every decision in my life. 

Maybe you, like me, have been struggling with accepting the love of God in your life.  Only you know the things that you are struggling with in your life.  I challenge you today to give those things to God.  Allow Him to make the only real difference in your life.  You can't do it alone.  Accept what God allows in your life and look for the lesson He wants you to learn.  Take a moment and think about all the things He has already done in Your life.  I even took this a step further and wrote them down. That's just half of it though.  After you list the things that God has already done, make a list of the things you need God to do now.  Pray about them and then start marking them off as God begins to answer them.  Remember an answered prayer is not simply God giving you what you asked for.  Sometimes an answered prayer is God withholding from you the very thing you think you need/want. 

Most Gracious Heavenly Father,

Thank You for all the blessings You have given me.  Please forgive me for the times I have doubted You.  I realize that I can't make it on my own for it is not by might nor by power, but by thy Spirit.  I am nothing without You Lord and today I submit humbly to Your will.  Right now I am standing on Your promises for my life and my family.  Thank you Lord for your faithfulness.  I will forever give You all the glory honor and the praise.  In Jesus' Name I pray Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment