Sometimes you have to encourage yourself. Some times you have to speak victory during the test. No matter how you feel, speak the Word and you will be healed. Speak over yourself. Encourage yourself in the Lord. (lyrics by Donald Lawrence)

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Limited Vision

God has a way of showing you that He is in control.  Unfortunately for me, I find this out after spending hours, even days, trying to figure something out on my own.  I can only imagine how many times He sits in heaven saying, "Will my child ever get it?"  Today's roller coaster ride was a prime example. Riding home today after visiting my nephew in the hospital after having emergency surgery I couldn't help but give God praise.  Listening to my sister tell me how they visited the ER in Detroit only to be told one thing by the doctor, driving home to Oklahoma City fifteen hours, straight to the emergency room and my nephew being taken into emergency surgery.  I immediately thought about how God protects us from dangers seen and unseen.  How He drove their car and the cars around them to get them home safely.  If they had known this was going to occur, as parents, they would have done everything they could to prevent the situation.  However, the limited vision they had could only see so far.  Only God knew what would happen and He had the situation under control. 

I know how in times of stress it is easy to become so wrapped up in trying to figure out your next move.  Rumors at the job about layoffs so what do you do, we start putting our feelers out there.  You update your resume. Husband having an affair, you start to make put back a little cash to get your own place.  Wife seeming a little distant, you start trying to figure out what to do to bring her back in.  Your entire life has been act first, prayer later.  Somewhere in your mind you feel that you are helping God out.  Well you're not.  The God you serve, El Roi, is the God who sees.  He see your when the layoff is going to come and if you are going to be affected by it.  He sees your marital problems, your financial crisis, your children misbehaving and your very serious health issues.  He sees it all.  Of course you may be sitting there saying to yourself, "Okay He sees but my situation is still what it is."  I can say this because I has this very same conversation with God while riding in my car.  You know, one of those "Okay God, now what?  Nothing is changing.  I am at my wits end.  Nothing I seem to be doing is working.  I give up."  And God says , "Alright my child, now I can go to work."  Even though my prayer was a very frustrated prayer, I acknowledged my inability to change my situation.  I let God know that I could not see past what was in front of me.  I relinquished control.  That's all He was waiting on me to do.  You see, it is where I end that God begins.  I allowed my prayer to activate my faith.  I gave up trying to drive in the dark.  I decided to let God be God.  I was reminded that through this situation, like so many others, God was right there with me.  He is there in those awful situations where you cry silently while lying in bed, He hears the scream you let out while riding alone in your car.  He sees the anguish in your face.  He wants to call out to you...'Why art thou cast down, O my soul? And why art thou disquieted within me? Hope thou in God; for I shall yet praise him, Who is the help of my countenance, and my God;. (Psalm 43:5)  He is the same God Isaiah talked about when he said, 'He giveth power to the faint and to them that have no might, he increaseth strength'. (Isaiah 40:29)

There is no reason to worry.  There is, however, a reason to trust God.  Take your burdens to God and leave them with Him.  Praise Him in the midst of your suffering.   I know that you cannot see past today but I challenge you to prayer about and have faith.  Believe that God can see exactly what you need and He is not a stingy God.  He is still performing miracles, in His own time and in His own way.  Believe it!  Expect it!  Receive it!

Most Gracious Heavenly Father,

How long will this storm go on?  I was doing pretty good for a while, trusting You.  But now my faith is weak and I'm calling on You for help.  Help me focus my attention on You and not the situation.  I know my vision is limited.  I thank God that even though I can't see past today, You see my future and I know that it is in good hands.  So I trust You Lord.  I am taking my hands off the steering wheel and giving complete control over to You.  Thank you for hearing my prayer.  In Jesus' Wonderful Name I pray Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment