Sometimes you have to encourage yourself. Some times you have to speak victory during the test. No matter how you feel, speak the Word and you will be healed. Speak over yourself. Encourage yourself in the Lord. (lyrics by Donald Lawrence)

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Move...Get out the Way

Lesson for the day:  Ramona, get out of your own way.  Just because I am a bit discouraged by what I see in front of me right now, wondering how am I going to get out of this situation, does not mean that God has stopped being God.  He is still able to do exceedingly abundantly above all I could ever ask or think according to the power that worketh in me.  So let me say it again - Ramona, get out of your own way!  You know what I have learned over time...if God has blocked something from happening than I should be grateful.  Even if it was something I really wanted, I must trust that He knows what's best for me.  I should not let my desire to control the outcome of my life stop me from praising God.  'He knows the way that I take...' (Job 23:10)

One of the hardest things to do sometimes is to keep your faith during trying times.  It is especially hard for people like me.  I am a "Doer".  If I see something that needs to be done and it is not being done, I take it upon myself to make it happen.  I don't like to wait around.  This hurts me sometime in my walk with God.  I see how close I am to achieving my goal when all of a sudden something happens to halt my progress.  Or what about when everything seems to be going smooth, spouse acting right, children behaving, working on your dream job, finances in order.  Things are just awesome.  And then something out of the ordinary happens.  One step forward, two steps back.  It hurts.  It is during those times that I become my own worse enemy.  It is my job to fix things.  Here lately I have figured out that one of the best things I can do is 'absolutely nothing'.  Let God be God!  I was reading in the book of Job, amazed by the faith he displayed in what had to be the most trying time of his life. They reminded me that 'my hope is built on nothing less than Jesus blood and righteousness'.  Consistency is key during trying times.  Either I have willingly relinquished control over to God or I am going to keep trying to run my life.  Either I trust that God knows what is best for me or I am going to have some very tough lessons ahead of me where God has to teach me about total dependence on Him.  The bottom line is that my vision is limited.  I can only see so far ahead.  That is why I must fix my eyes on Jesus.  I must allow Him to be my guide.  I must hide His Word in my heart so that I won't sin against Him.  I must be patient and allow Him to complete the work He has started in me. 

Most Gracious Heavenly Father,

I need Your help.  Submission is not my strongest suit.  Right now I am struggling with control.  In my mind I know that You know what is best for me.  Help me to know that in my heart.  I need to get out of my own way and let You be God.  In Jesus' Wonderful Name I pray Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment