Sometimes you have to encourage yourself. Some times you have to speak victory during the test. No matter how you feel, speak the Word and you will be healed. Speak over yourself. Encourage yourself in the Lord. (lyrics by Donald Lawrence)

Friday, June 3, 2011

In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.” John 16:33b



I had an epiphany today.  There are blessings that can only be discovered through tribulation.  This is a fact.  It is within our tribulation, our tests and our trials, that we reach the end of ourselves and learn to rely completely on God.  There is no way around it.  Suffering is God's permissive will.  Our greatest joy is in knowing that while in the midst of our suffering God will never leave us nor forsake us.  That is why should always give Him praise.  He is our source for everything.  We must stay tuned into Him for guidance and direction, peace and strength.  All these things He will give to you if you would only ask.  "Ask the Savior to help you, comfort, strengthen and keep you; He is willing to aide you.  He will carry you through".  Stop always asking God to remove you from the situation.  The mature Christian's prayer should not be for Him to remove you from the storm but instead to sustain you and show you what you need to take from the situation that you can use in the future.  These lessons are not only for your future use but that you can be a blessing to others also.  The Bible tells us that 'Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. (Romans 5:3-4) 

It is not only in the after life that you can live victoriously.  You can live victoriously now.  Stress-free.  It is possible!  How?  Pray about everything.  Give everything over to God.  Allow Him to make the difference in what you lack in your own ability to change the situation.  Remember, God's strength is made perfect in your weakness.  You were not meant to handle it all.  One of the greatest lessons I learned was when a mother in the church asked me, "Who said you have to strong all the time?"  The Bible tells us to "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not to thy own understanding".  God's shoulders are big enough.  It is not about me getting upset with my spouse or my friends.  They were not meant to carry my load for me.  God is!  That is why He sent His Son to die on the cross for my sins.  He could handle it.  He could handle the nails, when He was pierced in the side.  He could handle the sins of the entire world.  Now if He could handle all that, don't you think He can handle your marriage problems, your financial situation, that bad report from the doctor.  All that stress you  have been carrying that you just were not meant to carry.  It's like having the key to unlock the door to get into the house but standing outside in the rain anyway.  If you really think about it, most things in life are beyond our control.  And I don't know about you but most of my stress comes from trying to control another person (make them do what I want them to do).  It's just not possible.  The best thing you can do in that situation is to tell God about it.  God has the power to bring about real change. 

This was my epiphany today.  But I want to encourage you.  You were not meant to live a life full of worry and stress.  Yes, some of your circumstances may be because of bad decisions you made.  Thanks be to God that you don't even have to worry about that. God has given us grace to make up for those bad decisions.  I don't know what you may be facing in your life right now but one thing I do know is that you should give it to God.  Let Him handle it.  It is a decision you won't regret. 

Most Gracious Heavenly Father,

I admit that I have been worrying and stressing about things beyond my control.  But no more.  I trust you Lord with my life.  I surrender all to You.  I don't want to carry the load anymore.  Right now I am in the midst of a storm.  I know that you have already given me what I need to make it through.  Help me to learn whatever lesson You want me to learn from this trial so that I can be a blessing to others and Your name will be glorified.  In the Wonderful Name of Jesus I pray Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment