Sometimes you have to encourage yourself. Some times you have to speak victory during the test. No matter how you feel, speak the Word and you will be healed. Speak over yourself. Encourage yourself in the Lord. (lyrics by Donald Lawrence)

Monday, June 6, 2011

Just Have Faith

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Hebrews 11:1

I read something today in my Sunday School commentary that said that 'faith becomes a necessity when matters are beyond one's control'.  That would mean that faith is always a necessity.  Why?  Because as a child of God I don't control anything.  My life is in His hands.  It is often during those times when I attempt to regain control that I find myself messing things up, sometimes even worse than they already were.  Faith must not only be expected but it must be exercised also. How do we exercise our faith?  By believing in God and His ability to meet our need even when everything around us points to the contrary.  You see, faith gives reality, substance, existence to the very things that on the surface seem impossible.  When people say I can't, God says I can.  It is during these moments that I stand in faith and allow God to meet me where my limited abilities end to make up the difference so that I can achieve the impossible. 

In my life I've been told that my faith is unrealistic at times. Don't I see how bad things are?  Yes I do.  But I refuse to believe that the God who performed miracle after miracle throughout the Bible cannot handle the situations that I have been chosen to face in my life.  (Side note:  You do realize that you have been chosen to go through certain things.  God has deposited in you everything you need in order to make it through.  Not only that but He is continuously depositing more and more in you so that you will be ready for the next trial and He will be glorified.)  Now let me get back on topic....when I hear people say that I have unrealistic faith, I come back and say that my faith is actually the most realistic expectation I have because it is not in man but in the Almighty God. He has proven track record.  It doesn't mean that my life is going to be easy.  In fact, my experience has taught me that it means the total opposite.  It means that my life is going to be full of ups and downs.  There will be times when I may have to take the long route.  I may not be able to walk right through every door.  It means that sometimes there will be detours and road blocks.  Although my experience may say that I am qualified for that position, it may not be in God's plan for me to have it right now.  It may also mean that I may receive the position that I am least qualified for.  All I have to remember is that in the midst of the adversity that I may have to face, God is with me.  Faith is absolute assurance.  It is not saying to God, "Show me and I'll believe".  It is about taking present possession of God's promises. 

Most Gracious Heavenly Father,

Thank You for the blessed assurance I have that no matter what obstacles I may face you are there working behind the scenes on my behalf.  I thank You Father, because no matter what it may look like on the surface, You have the power to turn the situation around for my good,  I just need to have faith.  So right now Father, I am saying that "I believe".  I believe that although things may look dark right now I know that trouble don't last always and that you are able to do exceedingly abundantly above all I could ever ask or think.  In Jesus' Wonderful Name I pray Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment