Sometimes you have to encourage yourself. Some times you have to speak victory during the test. No matter how you feel, speak the Word and you will be healed. Speak over yourself. Encourage yourself in the Lord. (lyrics by Donald Lawrence)

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Just For Me

'The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results'.  James 5:16b

As I was sitting tonight and talking with my mom she reminded me of a simple fact.  What is that one fact you ask?  'That God honors the prayers of the faithful'.  Even though you may be surrounded by people who have their own agenda in mind and may not be praying that God's will be done, God holds true to His Word and He can make things happen when the odds seem stacked against you.  When man has made plans and it seems that those plans are beginning to come to fruition...Watch out now!  Because that is when God shows up!  He can throw a monkey wrench in man's plans anytime He sees fit.  And that is why you must keep right on praying.  As she and I sat there and talked she begin to tell me the testimony of a lady who was scheduled to go in to meet with her boss, knowing very well that she was getting ready to be laid off. The rest of her department had been laid off  earlier that morning and yesterday. But she was a praying woman.  Each night she had prayed that God's will be done.  But she needed her job.  It was the only income she had to support her family.  As she walked into her boss's office, she had made up in her mind that she was okay with whatever happened.  As her boss begin to speak she immediately begin to cry and praise God.  You see, she was not laid off.  There had been a position created for her in another department.  Are you praising Him yet? 

Do you know that most Christians believe that the God of miracles lived only in Bible times?  I wouldn't go as far to say that person was me.  But I will say that I expected God to do it in other people's lives and not mine.  Yes I would pray but I didn't expect God to do the impossible.  I would pray safe prayers.  As I continue to mature as a Christian I realize that there are some things God is going to do 'just for me'.  There are people attached to my life who will be blessed because of my faithfulness.  Why?  Because God honors my prayers.  Not because I have lived such a holy life but because of His faithfulness.  So when I become bothered with the things I see going on around me, wondering if it will ever get better, I don't open my mouth to complain.  I talk to my Heavenly Father.  And I believe that because I have turned it over to Him, everything will turn out alright.  There are a lot of uncertainties going on around me and I could become frustrated, throw up my hands and just say whatever.  But I can't.  As I take a walk through the Bible I see time after time how the children of Israel continued to try to do things on there on and at time they were disciplined because of it.  But there were also times that their judgment was spared because of a few individuals who prayed. 

So what is my challenge to you today?  Don't stop praying. In fact, during uncertain times you should pray more.  Don't allow the naysayers and the negative people around you to make you think that you are resigned to settle. That you have to give in and go with the majority.  Remember that you and God are a majority not a minority.  Resist the urge to get caught up in petty arguments or even discussions with those who don't have a say in the final analysis of the situation.  Take your concerns directly to God and let Him work it out.  He can and He will

Most Gracious Heavenly Father,

How excellent is thy name in all the earth.  Lord I praise you because you are holy.  You are righteous.  You are worthy.  You alone are God and You don't need my help.  Forgive me of my sins. Thank You for your forgiveness. Thank You Father for the reminder that You have the final say. In spite of what man thinks and how they may plot and scheme, you have the final say.  Help me not to become discouraged.  Even though there may be times that I feel like I am all alone, let me remember that You and I are a majority and that nothing is impossible with You.  So Lord I am going to keep on praying knowing that You will sustain me through it all.  In Jesus' Precious Name I pray Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment