Sometimes you have to encourage yourself. Some times you have to speak victory during the test. No matter how you feel, speak the Word and you will be healed. Speak over yourself. Encourage yourself in the Lord. (lyrics by Donald Lawrence)

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

God Is In Control

''And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light.  Genesis 1:3

Every now and then I find myself wondering how such a loving God could allow bad things to happen to good people.  I'm talking about the people who are trying to live right.  These individuals are making a true effort to do that which is holy and acceptable in the eyes of God and still can't catch a break.  Have you ever wondered this about yourself or someone you know.  I started today doing '40 Days of Faith' with Pastor Teron Gaddis of the Greater Bethel Church in Oklahoma City.  It's a simple challenge to read the Bible for 40 days straight and watch your faith begin to grow.  He began the study in the beginning and so I read the 1st and 2nd chapters of Genesis.  As I was reading the words, God is in control' erupted in my spirit and suddenly I was at peace.  Slowly I began to think about how God was here in the beginning and that everything was created by Him.  Maybe you are reading this wondering why all the excitement?  I will tell you.

God was here before the earth existed and He will be here until the end.  He didn't need a starter kit, an architectural design, a team of engineers or a construction team to create the world.  God simply spoke it into existence.  What does that mean for you and I?  It means that no matter what  we may be going through God can end it simply by saying that "It's Over".  He spoke and said, "Let there be light" and there was light.  In a nonexistent, dark world, God created light.  Is it dark in your life right? Dark in your marriage?  Dark at your job? Stricken with grief? Unsure of your future?  At the end of your rope?   If so, I am here to encourage you to hold on a little while longer.  The darkest hour is just before the dawn.  Have faith and allow God to speak light into your circumstance.  I am coming to realize that one of the best things I have in my utility belt is 'hope in God'.  It's just good to know that I have Him with me always. I am a child of the King and being a part of God's family has its privileges.  Not only that but I begin to think about the bad things that have happened in my life.  Those times when I almost 'Let go' but glory be to God, He reached down and grabbed me,  raised my bowed down head and gave me the strength to run on. I, then began to think about the things that could have happened but the Lord kept me from them.  He protected me from dangers, seen and unseen. 

I look back over my life and think about all the different ways God has revealed Himself to me.  I no longer have to talk about what I heard.  I am telling you what I know.  If God had not taken me through each and every phase of my life, I would not be the woman that I am today.  I speak with confidence when I say that He will be your Provider, your Shepherd (He provides all my needs), your Confident Keeper, your Rock in a weary land, your Protector (even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear not for He is with me).  He's given me that peace that surpasses all understanding.  A calm in the midst of chaos.  I haven't always been faithful to Him, but thank God He has been faithful to me. There isn't anything that happens that God doesn't know about.  Knowing God gives you some stick-to-it-tive-ness.  You don't take of running at the first sign of trouble.  Instead you get down on your knees.  You fast and pray.  You humble yourself and admit your wrong and ask God to continue His work on you so that you can be of service to Him.  You acknowledge that God is in control and you submit to His will. 

Most Gracious Heavenly Father,

Thou who made me and knows all about me, the good, the bad and the ugly but You love me anyway, Thank You.  Today I thank you for Your Word that is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my pathway.  I thank You because even in the worst circumstances I can still have joy, unspeakable joy.  Help me to remember that in my darkest hour, I still have hope and that because I have You everything is going to be alright.  I praise Your Holy Name.  I rededicate my life back to You Lord.  Use me as You see fit.  I will forever give Your name the praise.  In Jesus' Precious Name I pray Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment