Sometimes you have to encourage yourself. Some times you have to speak victory during the test. No matter how you feel, speak the Word and you will be healed. Speak over yourself. Encourage yourself in the Lord. (lyrics by Donald Lawrence)

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Fight On

He said, "Listen, all you people of Judah and Jerusalem! Listen, King Jehoshaphat! This is what the LORD says: Do not be afraid! Don't be discouraged by this mighty army, for the battle is not yours, but God's. 2 Chronicles 20:15

Listening to the CD from this past Sunday morning's service, the music for the song "Fight On" began to play.  This song begins with the soloist saying, "In this walk we face many battles but they're not yours. They belong to the Lord..."  As I was driving home I begin to think about the senseless battles I have been a part of instead of turning it over to God.  The most recent one dealing with an employer who did everything in her power to keep me down to the point that I had started dreading each morning.  My mood would start to change on Sunday evening about seven o'clock..  I was miserable.  There were many times when I wanted to give up or give her a piece of my mind.  After all, who did she think she was? But something on the inside wouldn't let me give up.  I read my Word. I prayed without ceasing.  I gave it over to God and once again the stick-to-it-tive-ness that comes from having faith in God helped me make it through.  You see, I recognized that I was not in control and  that I needed to step back and let God be God.  He didn't need my help.  I also realized the reward in being faithful.  It was my job to continue being a light shining in the midst of a dark world.  And the very best thing about that, by being obedient to His Word and staying out of God's way, He was able to work out things for me far better than I could have ever imagined. I learned that sometimes I need to just 'Be Still' and see the salvation of the Lord.  Hold my peace and let the Lord fight my battles, VICTORY shall be mine. 

It doesn't matter what you may be up against right now.  Is it your relationship?  Your job?  Just someone who doesn't like you and does everything in his or her power to bring you down, scandalize your name.  Remember that 'your fight is not against flesh and blood'.  Satan comes to steal, kill, and destroy.  He wants to keep you distracted. But you must give it to God and let Him handle it. I cannot stress enough how important it is to put on the armor of God.  It is the tool God gave us to be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.   I have also learned that God can see the bigger picture.  He knows just what we can handle and as we continue in obedience, keeping our focus on God (by praying, fasting, reading His Word), He continues to make deposits in us that make us stronger and wiser.  We find ourselves ready to face anything.  Have you ever felt this way?  Maybe right now you are faced with an impossible situation. If so, I dare you to give it God, completely.  Perhaps in the past you have been guilty of giving up too quickly.  Instead of trusting God you tried to work it out on your own.  My encouragement for you is to "Fight on" but not in the traditional sense.  Not with words or with physical actions but use the power of prayer.  Get in the Word.  Praise God and let it be your weapon.  When Satan sees what you are going through and yet, you still have a smile on your face and a praise on your lips, he won't know what to do.  He may try and come at you a little harder but my Word tells me that the devil is already defeated so I am going to treat him that way.  I am not giving him any power.  I'm going to praise God in the valley.  In the midst of grief.  In the midst of what seems like hell on earth sometimes.  Through prayer and praise and the power of God I know that I have the victory and so will you!

Most Gracious Heavenly Father,

I praise Your name today.  I worship and adore You just for who You are.  You are Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending.  I know that it is in You that I live and move and have my being.  You are Holy. God you are Faithful.  You are Omnipresent.  You're my Rock.  You're my Deliverer. Most importantly, You are my God and I am going to serve You for the rest of my life.  I give my current situation over to You. I trust that You are going to work it out, not only for my good but, for Your Glory. And in the midst of it all I am going to continue to praise  Your name.  In the Mighty and Most Precious Name of Jesus I pray Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment