Sometimes you have to encourage yourself. Some times you have to speak victory during the test. No matter how you feel, speak the Word and you will be healed. Speak over yourself. Encourage yourself in the Lord. (lyrics by Donald Lawrence)

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Joy Will Come

I've been told all my life not to question God.  However, when circumstances and situations in life start to overwhelm me and try to steal my joy, I have to be honest and say that I start to question the promises of God.  Namely one that at times seems cliche.  Ministers quote it in sermons. You hear it in Sunday School, Christian conferences, gospel sings, etc.  You know the one...'And we know that all things work together for the good of them who love the Lord; who are the called according to His purpose'. Romans 8:28. But I'll say again when your world get turned upside down with a statement made by someone you love, death in your family, loss of a job, a major illness, it is difficult to believe that "ALL THINGS" will work together for the good.  Maybe you are one of those Christians who has it all together and never questions God or has doubt but I need to have a moment of honesty and say that is not me one hundred percent of the time. And furthermore, I believe God knows that and it's alright. 

Sitting at work today and listening to my Richard Smallwood station on Pandora and the song 'Joy Will Come' came on and immediately my day turned around.  The chorus of the song simply says 'If you hold out til morning, I know that joy will come'.  Think about that for a minute.  Even when I may be having a moment of weakness, unable to control the circumstances of life, I continue to see God's hand guiding and directing me (even in something simple as a song).  Directing me back to the Word of God. The verse that say, "Weeping may endure for a night but joy cometh in the morning".  Psalm 30:5  My question for the day is "When is morning?" I have concluded during my thirty-eight years of life that the morning that the Psalmist was referring to is not confined to a twenty-four hour time frame.  For many of our storms, you don't lie down at night and wake up in the morning and everything is all better.  At least my night time experiences haven't always worked out that way.  Yet we are assured that morning is inevitable.  All we have to do is hold on. 

What does that mean for you?  That sorrow in life, no matter in what form, is always TEMPORARY!  Somebody say TEMPORARY with me.  That's how excited I was today when once again the Holy Spirit orchestrated a musical interlude in my mind that included a conversation that said, "Hold on just a little while longer. Rest assure that I, your God, am working behind the scenes on your situation and all I need you to do is submit to my directing.  Lean not on your own understanding.  Pray without ceasing. I Thess. 5:17  Rejoice in tribulation knowing that tribulation produces patience. And patience, experience; and experience, hope.  Rom. 5:3-4 Hope in what?  Hope in God!  Now I'm not a betting woman but I would bet that this is not your first storm.  So why are you stressing?  Hasn't God seen you through all the other storms?  I don't even know what you are going through right now but I know the answer to my previous question is a resounding YES!  God is faithful.  Man may disappoint you and let you down but my God has all power and He is not capable of going back on His Word.  No matter how dark the night, MORNING is on the way.  No cute sayings or three-point outlines today.  It wasn't what God spoke to me but what He did say is Hold on....JOY WILL COME!

Most gracious heavenly Father,

God you know me better than I know myself.  You know what's best for me; what I need better than anyone. And today I just want to thank You for your Word that says...'You will supply my needs according to Your riches in glory'.  Lord help me not to put parameters on the blessings You have in store for my life.  Expand my heart and mind to realize and accept the intangible benefits that you are able to meet as well.  Thank you Lord for grace. Create in me a clean heart and renew a right spirit within me.  In Jesus' Precious name Amen. 

Life Application:

What is going on in your life right now that is making you question God.  Be honest with yourself.
What is holding you back from turning the situation over to God?
Find three promises in God's Word that you can pray that will help you to release the situation to Almighty God.  Meditate on these verses morning, noon and night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment