Sometimes you have to encourage yourself. Some times you have to speak victory during the test. No matter how you feel, speak the Word and you will be healed. Speak over yourself. Encourage yourself in the Lord. (lyrics by Donald Lawrence)

Monday, February 27, 2012

God Didn't Do Anything

"God didn't do anything!"

These were the words uttered from a friend who was going through a very rough time.  While praying with her and for her, awaiting the outcome, she soon discovered that the outcome was not what she had expected.  After informing me of the decision, she immediately said, "God didn't do anything."  I don't know how many times in the past I have thought the very same thing. Working on a job that I didn't like praying continuously for God to give me a new job.  Instead things seemed to get worse.  In a relationship where you are doing all you can to improve yourself in order to be all that you can be for your partner.  All the while it seems like you are the only one trying to change.  What about the situation where your loved one is sick and you continue to pray for healing?  After a period of time your loved one dies. Did God answer your prayer? These are just a few situations that come to mind.  I am sure that you have your own. 

Now maybe you have never been disappointed by God but I surely have. Waiting and waiting on God to do something amazing that never happens.  I am so busy looking for the results in the situation that I don't see the change He is making in me.  Strengthening my faith.  Teaching me to be more loving. More forgiving.  How to have a little more patience.  God busy at work keeping His promises while I'm still complaining.  Didn't He say in His Word, 'Seek ye first the kingdom of God and all these things shall be added unto you'.  Matthew 6:33  What are all these things?  God wants to give you those things that make a true difference in your life.  Those things that allow you to have an impact on others so that He can be glorified.  What better way for God to be glorified than to show His child standing strong while in the midst  of the storm.  Ready to face, head-on, any given day whatever challenges you may face. And not only standing but accepting God's will.   Isn't that what it is really about?  Learning to trust God no matter what the outcome.  Letting go and letting God do what He does best.  Being confident that He has your best interest at heart and that He is always working on your behalf. What a great day when I discovered that those times God left me in that horrible situation He was producing for me a 'far greater weight in glory'.  He was giving me that 'stick-to-it-tive-ness' that has grown my faith.  As I look back over my life, I am so grateful.  And even in the present, those challenges that I currently face, I am exercising my faith.  Trusting God no matter what the outcome.  At my moment of weakness, He gives me just enough strength.  Each day I receive my portion of my daily bread and so far I have made it.  And so can you.  The next time you are tempted to say that 'God didn't do anything', take a minute to reflect and see the change that has taken place in your life over time.  The God I serve wants to give you the desires of your heart.  As you study the Word and grow a deeper relationship with God, your heart's desires will start to reflect what God wants for you as well.  That is why you need not worry.  At the end of the day it is just about trusting God. 

Most Gracious Heavenly Father,

Father grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change and the wisdom to know that difference.  Help me to stop fighting against Your will for my life and accept the changes that You are trying to make in my life.  Forgive me for those times I became discouraged thinking that you didn't do anything on my behalf.  For I know that you are always working on my behalf, seeing the big picture.  Looking ahead to my future while sustaining me in the right now.  Thank you Lord.  In Jesus' Precious Name I pray Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment